Thursday, February 27, 2020

Our Wonderful Trip to Goat Island

Our Wonderful Trip to Goat Island


One beautiful morning I was overjoyed because Year fives and Year  sixes from Saint Pius x Catholic
got to go to the Goat Island Marine Reserve.
We went there to check the environment and to go snorkelling.
One thing that I didn’t like is that I had to wake up at 7:00 in the morning.
At school I just wanted to go to sleep on the bus. When we were on the bus I fell
asleep almost the whole way. 


When we got there we met Fraser who was part of the Goat Island Marine Reserve.
We also met Sophie, Chis and Eva who were all part of the Marine Reserve.
We had to split into two groups.
Fraser was the one the teachers on the land and Sophie does snorkelling.
I was put into the Fraser's group with Amihuti, Taniela and.
I wanted to be in the Sophie's group first but we said this is kind of fun.


We gotta use some binoculars to look at some stingrays (It was so cool).
Another thing I was looking at was Sophie and the other students.
Fraser said in a short while that could be you soon but if you are bad you won't be
doing what they are doing. 


We all gathered together to have some lunch and so the group that I was in had
to change for snorkelling,
I was so happy to be here to check the environment and to look at some creatures
and mostly to go snorkelling with my two best friends, Taniela and Amihuti. I was struggling
to put my swimsuit on, because we had to put our leg in first and it was so cold. I almost wanted
to stay on land because it is so hot on land.


When we went into the water I suddenly felt like I was frozen
on the spot. I had to stick with Nasili and Josh.
My stomach didn’t want to touch the water because it was so cold.
I saw some snappers in the water.
Two snappers came close to me and I freaked out and
screamed in the sea water and a lot of water
came into my mouth.
Josh and Nasili kept laughing at me but it was serious. I couldn’t speak and I swallowed
some sea water. I felt like I would be sick but it turned out I wasn't.
After we snorkelled we came back to shore and showered to get warm I didn’t because
I wanted to play “Samoan Slap” with Savior and Zenith, Then we got back at school.                                                        
                                                                               THE END


No comments:

Post a Comment